cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can you open a SolidEdge file directly in Creo? Creo View?

mtonsager
5-Regular Member

Can you open a SolidEdge file directly in Creo? Creo View?

Hello,

I have been told that you can open a SolidEdge file directly in Creo View Professional. I only have Creo View Express and do not see this capability advertised with any "professional" version. Can anyone tell me if any of PTC's Creo 2 applications can open a SolidEdge file directly? Any other way? Saving the SolidEdge file to a neutral format through SolidEdge is not an option, we do not have SolidEdge and only have access to the SolidEdge file.

Thanks in advance for the help!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Matt,

if you need to view SolidEdge files, only, then use SolidEdge viewer (I guess it is free, I found it using Google).

If you need to import SolidEdge files, then you have a bad luck (I am not 100% sure). Maybe Creo Parametric 3.0 will be able to open native SolidEdge model files (eg. .asm, .par).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Please check this link "PTC Creo Elements/Direct Interface for Solid Edge": http://www.ptc.com/product/creo-elements-direct/interface-for-solid-edge

Vladimir,

do you have some practical experience with SolidEdge import ?

From my point of view, Solid Edge Parasolid format = file with .x_t extension.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags