cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cannot read license file data

RNKDesigns
1-Newbie

Cannot read license file data

Sometimes when my (new) computer turns back on from sleep mode, I have to shut down Wildfire 5 or Creo 2 with the task manager because the message boxes pop up, and when I click OK, it doesn't do anything.  Then when I try to reopen Wildfire or Creo, I get the error -61: Cannot read license file data from license server system.  I open the lmtool.exe in the Flexnet folder, and it doesn't show a server or license file path.  However, it also doesn't show a server or license file path on my old laptop, and I never had this issue.  So, in order to get Wildfire or Creo to run, I have to restart my computer.  Is there some sort of setting I need to change?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

probably, when your computer goes into sleep mode, Windows turn off your network card. Because of this Flexnet loses connection to network card and fails.

Suggestion: Reconfigure network card and forbid its turning off.

See Power Management for Network Devices in Windows 7 for inspiration.

MH

Martin Hanák

I changed the settings.  I'll update if/when I see that it works.  Thanks.

Unfortunately, that didn't work.  When my computer comes out of sleep mode I get the messages "Unsaved data may have been lost." and I think the other one I sometimes get is "License was lost."  Those are the messages I click OK on (or Retry for the license message), and sometimes those messages just stay there, which causes me to shut down Proe using the task manager, and that's when I get the -61 error and can't get Proe to run unless I restart the computer.

Hi,

maybe two following commands will help...

netsh interface ipv4 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

netsh interface ipv6 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-disable-media-sense-in-windows-7/18277955-3f2c-4328-bd87-d3567579b645 page

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags