cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot run Pro/ENGINEER 4.0 Wildfire in Windows 7's XP Mode

ptc-3211503
1-Newbie

Cannot run Pro/ENGINEER 4.0 Wildfire in Windows 7's XP Mode

I installed Pro/ENGINEER 4.0 Wildfire Schools Edition within Windows 7 Professional's XP Mode. The installation completed successfully. However, I get the following error message when the application is started: "License request failed for feature ProE Schools:103 Cannot check out an uncounted license within a Windows Terminal Services Guest session." The application then quits and I cannot run Pro/ENGINEER. Is there a way to fix this error so that I can run Pro/ENGINEER 4.0 Wildfire Schools Edition under XP Mode in Windows 7 Professional, if Pro/ENGINEER 4.0 Wildfire Schools Edition does not operate under Windows 7 Professional directly?
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

I have exactly the same error message in the same situation !

Is there some good news about it ?

Thanks a lot.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:LEPF)

Why do you use XP Mode ?

I think it is possible to install Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 into Windows 7 directly.

Martin

Martin Hanák

It seems to me that only the release M130 of v.4 (or M140) will run on W7-64bit, I'm not sure, that's what I read on some forums.

Yes, I forgot to say that I have a 64b W7.The student version that I download from PTC is a v.4 M92 and the installation crash all the time. I asked ptc support and they answer me that v.4 is not supported on W7-64b, and that I have to go on wildfire 5, but my school use v.4 and I want to be compatible.

So I use now virtual-pc with a XP machine... and the installation goes 100% ok*. Then, when I start wildfire, an error message appears about windows terminal services and uncounted license... but I have a valid .dat license file, with the good physical adress, checked with ipconfig /all !

*only after I put the CD1 and CD2 directories directly at the root of C: (C:\PTC\...)

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Lea,

I don't know much about XP mode. If your ProE installation directory is visible in Windows 7, then you can launch proe.exe from PROE\bin directory also from Windows 7 (not from XP mode). In the past I run ProE many times on unsupported Windows version without any problem.

Martin

Martin Hanák
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Lea,

please post the URL from which you downloaded Student version.

Martin

Martin Hanák
Top Tags