cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Change Language in Creo 3.0

jkraemer
1-Newbie

Change Language in Creo 3.0

How do I change the language in Creo 3.0?  I have looked at previous posts and they have all been for Creo 2.0.  I am using the School edition of 3.0

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

1.)

During Creo Parametric installation you have to choose specific language, eg. german (english is installed by default).

2.)

By default Creo Parametric selects language corresponding to Windows user setting.

3.)

If you want to set specific language, then you have to go to ...\Parametric\bin directory and edit parametric.psf in Notepad.

Add following line at the end of the file, if you want to set german language:

ENV=PRO_LANG=german

MH

Martin Hanák

1.) I did not have the option if selecting a specific language.  I have gone through the installation process multiple times and I have never had an option to do this.

2.) My windows setting originally was Spanish when I installed for the first time, however, I uninstalled and changed my language to English.  This didn't have any effect on the language.

3.) I am not able to save the parametric.psf file.  It says that I don't have access.

Hi,

1.)

To select language during installation, you have to click Customize button and then set options in Languages group.

customize.png

lang.png

2.)

I cannot comment your information.

3.)

You need administrator rights to save the files.

Try this trick:

• save parametric.psf in your personal directory
  • copy parametric.psf from your personal directory into ...\Parametric\bin directory

Note: You can also launch Notepad using right-mouse-button command Run as Administrator and then edit parametric.psf file from ...\Parametric\bin directory

MH

Martin Hanák

This worked. Thank you.

1. The option to install language is there:

creo_languages.png

You get there through from the window where you select installation path and applications to be installed. You need to click Customize in upper right corner, and then select PTC Creo Parametric.

3. I assume you've installed Creo into default location, which is Windows' Program Files folder. It's write protected and you need to elevate your user rights to administrative to be able to edit files there (even if you work on account with administrative privileges). To edit a .psf file located in Program Files folder, find Notepad application in menu Start, right-click it and select Run as Administrator, then use File > Open (and set filter to All Files), browse to .psf file, make changes and save the file.

The problem is that there is no customization button in my installer.  Here lookCapture.JPG

OK, I missed it the first time when you said you're using Schools Edition, what Martin and I were talking about applies to commercial edition installer; apparently Schools Edition uses modified installer.

In your case I would just try to add the variable Martin already posted to the .psf file (using whichever method suits you to battle Windows access protection ) and see if it changes Creo's interface language.

Hi,

OK you have Spanish installer ... I guess that in this case you can switch Creo to English language, only. Do you want to use English version of Creo ? If YES is your answer then add following line at the end of parametric.psf file.

ENV=PRO_LANG=english

MH

Martin Hanák

how can I change the language of my student edition from Spanish to English?? 

I don't know how to modify the parametric.psf. 

could you sent to me any instruction to modify this?? 

Top Tags