cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Checking part accuracy?

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

Checking part accuracy?

Earlier this year our company standards moved from Relative accuracy to Absolute accuracy as the default, the problem we are encountering is users creating new parts by performing 'Save as' on old relative accuracy parts, even though sometimes they completely re-model the parts so they could have just started from scratch.

I have configured Modelcheck to show Accuracy info as an error but this method relies on the users running Modelcheck, which they don't always do. I have tried to configure Modelcheck to run on save and check for accuracy only but I get an error file stating that the HTML does not exist.

Any ideas on the best way to check for Part accuracy, ideally as soon as the user opens the part or saves the part?

3 REPLIES 3

@khimani_mohiki

I think you already opted the best option "ModelCHECK", in my opinion. For error about HTML, check the path on embedded browser for result. This can control by config_init.mc. 

You can refer article CS147734

I don't want to change it automatically, just some way to alert the user that the part they have created by 'Save As' (from Windchill) is in relative accuracy.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:khimani_mohiki)

Hi there,

this thread is old, but I had a similar problem lately.

My workaround was to virtually disable relative accuracy by setting the limits of ACCURACY_LOW and ACCURACY_UPP to "0.00".

I use modelcheck as a gatekeeper for windchill. So technically the parts are not checked each time an user hits "save", but as soon as they try to checkin, they are forced to change the accuracy.

Top Tags