cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Color changes when part is rotated

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Color changes when part is rotated

I have one user who when he loads a file, the color is normal, but as soon as he rotates the part it turns black. Also his appearance colors are not the same as the other users, even though we are all loading the same appearance.dmt file.

This only started for him after we upgraded from Creo2 to Creo4. We are all using the same installed code as it is on a network shared drive.

Is there some setting in config.pro or in the ui_customization file that may be causing this issue that changed between Creo2 and Creo4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

We found the issue, just have to fix it now.

Installed the latest graphic driver did not help.

I had the user rename their local config.pro and that cured it. He now has to figure out 3 things. 1) How he ended up saving the entire config options (including my system ones) to his local config.pro, 2) Which config.pro setting messed up his colors, and 3) Which config.pro settings does he really need in his local file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine

I've had a few folks with this issue. I think the resolution was a newer graphics driver. Might also make sure that windows display scale is 100%.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rreifsnyder)

I have requested IT to upgrade the graphics driver.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We found the issue, just have to fix it now.

Installed the latest graphic driver did not help.

I had the user rename their local config.pro and that cured it. He now has to figure out 3 things. 1) How he ended up saving the entire config options (including my system ones) to his local config.pro, 2) Which config.pro setting messed up his colors, and 3) Which config.pro settings does he really need in his local file.

Top Tags