cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Compatibility of Pro E 5 with Windows 8.1

mpapreja
1-Newbie

Compatibility of Pro E 5 with Windows 8.1

Is pro e 5 compatible with windows 8.1? Clicking on setup file does not show up anything!!

Manish Papreja

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Manish,

Wildfire 5.0 is not supported on Windows 8.1, Creo 2.0 M100 and later are supported on Windows 8.1. For Wildfire 5.0 try executing setup.exe using > Right Click > Run an admin, not sure it will start installation or not, however you can make a trial.

Manish,

you can copy Wildfire 5.0 installation from another PC to Windows 8.1 PC and test if it runs.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Should be a good solution if it works but I don't know how to copy installation from one pc to another. I have another PC having Windows 7 32 bit where wildifire 5. is working fine and my target PC is having windows 8.1 64 bit. Could u please guide me in trying the suggested option?

Manish

Manish,

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Should be a good solution if it works but I don't know
how to copy installation from one pc to another.
I have another PC having Windows 7 32 bit where wildifire 5.
is working fine and my target PC is having windows 8.1 64 bit.
Could u please guide me in trying the suggested option?

Manish

How to ProE WF5 installation from W7 to W8.1:

1. W7 - let's assume that ProE WF5 installation directory is C:\PTC\proeWildfire5
  2. W8.1 - copy C:\PTC\proeWildfire5 directory from W7 to get C:\PTC\proeWildfire5 in W8.1
  3. W8.1 - modify parametric.psf in ProE WF5 installation bin subdirectory - replace %PRO_MACHINE_TYPE% with i486_nt
  4. run proe.exe from ProE WF5 installation bin subdirectory

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags