cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Computer brands and XEON vs i7

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Computer brands and XEON vs i7

I know that we should use certified workstations because of tech support calls.  I actually have had them ask me that over my 25+ years of working with their products.

What I am interested in is knowing who uses either BOXX or Gruman for their computers.  Also I am interested in how many seats of CREO you own and if you are on support.  I know, this might be better as a poll.  I'm trying to find anything that will speed up our users.

Also interested in finding out about XEON vs. i7 that is overclocked.  Is there an actual benefit?  Does the i7 crash more because the memory is non-ECC when using CREO?

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

We use Gruman Creations for our US users.  Overseas we stick with Dell because they already have a local presence in each country (importing is complicated.)  We've had no issue whatsoever with stability or crashing on either the Gruman or the Dell machines.

The overclocked i7 will walk circles around the Xeon when running the Ocus Benchmark.

Like Tom we are using Gruman Creations for most of our US users. Any new Engineering computer we purchase is a Gruman. And like Tom our overseas Creo Parametric users are using mostly Dells.

The Gruman's have been a solid computer for us. Twice as fast as the Sun Ultra 27's we were/are using, 1.7x faster than a Dell T5810, and 1.5x faster than a Dell M6800 laptop in our very simple "speed" test.

We are on PTC support and have 40+ licenses.

Top Tags