cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Concurrent License usage graph/overview

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

Concurrent License usage graph/overview

Hi,

is there a build-in tool to visualize the Creo license usage?

Or has someone created a script to parse the flexlm logfile?

I want to analyze the peak license usage during the last year.

as add-on I'd like to assign users to departments and get an overview of license usage by department.

br Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bmüller wrote:

thanks for your reply.

PTC Quality Agent didn't work reliably in the past.

COLIA script looks nice.

I started with the ptcstatus command. But the problem is I need a task constantly running.

But there should be all Info in the ptc_d.log. The advantage would be that I can run the report when I need it.

at the moment I'm struggling on the file format to store the parsed log. To get some simple graphs in Excel.

We have only 30 licenses. To pay for a tool to analyze it is no option at the moment.

Links int the old threads are broken. but I found some hints.

Hi,

I think you can use Task Scheduler to run ptcstatus according to your needs 🙂

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@bmüller wrote:

Hi,

is there a build-in tool to visualize the Creo license usage?

Or has someone created a script to parse the flexlm logfile?

I want to analyze the peak license usage during the last year.

as add-on I'd like to assign users to departments and get an overview of license usage by department.

br Bernhard

Hi,

as far as I know, there is no tool to track the use of the Creo license. I mean usable and free tool.

1.) if you use the PTC Quality Agent to send information to PTC, then you can use the Performance Advisor for PTC Creo

2.) analyzing flexlm log can be a problem, because in case of Creo crash the necessary information may not be written to the log

3.) our developers have created a COLIA tool that is based on analyzing the data obtained by storing the output of the ptcstatus command ... see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8a5hYdM3E 

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bmüller)

Flexera used to sell a tool to analyze their log files. Very expensive when we looked at it 20 years ago.

Search the archives, there used to be a free tool that a PTC customer developed and was giving away. Haven't seen it in a few years.

The file structure itself is very hard to decrypt.

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:bmüller)

thanks for your reply.

COLIA script looks nice.

I started with the ptcstatus command. But the problem is I need a task constantly running.

But there should be all Info in the ptc_d.log. The advantage would be that I can run the report when I need it.

at the moment I'm struggling on the file format to store the parsed log. To get some simple graphs in Excel.

We have only 30 licenses. To pay for a tool to analyze it is no option at the moment.

@bmüller wrote:

thanks for your reply.

COLIA script looks nice.

Hi,

I think you can use Task Scheduler to run ptcstatus according to your needs 🙂

Martin Hanák
bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

yes, but I have to monitor this. if i can use the available logfile, I could analyze any license server. we are a collection of multiple companies.

but I see, ptcstatus is the way to go 😄

br Bernhard

Top Tags