cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Config.Pro Addition Won't Save

RY_10696344
1-Newbie

Config.Pro Addition Won't Save

Hello,

I am attempting to add the "use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom" to my config.pro file in Creo Parametric 4.0. To do so I click, "add" then find that option and press ok. It appears in my config.pro file with a star next to it. When I close out of my config.pro and open it again, the addition disappears.

I found from a different article that the star is config.pro saying "Newly added option and not applied". How do I go about saving the addition to my config.pro or rather, how do I apply the change?

Picture linked below.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out. After making my change, I had to hit the "Export" button. After doing so, my addition to config.pro changed!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out. After making my change, I had to hit the "Export" button. After doing so, my addition to config.pro changed!

When you set a configuration option while running Creo, it is only valid for the current session. To have the desired setting applied any time you start a future session, you have two options:

(1) Determine where the config.pro file is that is loaded whenever you start Creo. For example, mine is in C:\ptc. Edit this file with whatever text editor you prefer, add the option and its setting, and save the file. I prefer this option myself, because it's a simple text editing operation.

(2) Once the setting is done in the Creo configuration editor, click the Import/Export button at the bottom right corner of the "Creo Parametric Options" window. Overwrite your old config.pro file, and you should be done.

Hi,

I prefer editing config.pro using Notepad++ outside of Creo. I add new option, restart Creo and everything works as expected.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags