cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Config.pro Invalid Options

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock

Config.pro Invalid Options

I noticed today that my config.pro file has sent a ton options as invalid options. It appears to be the same 8-10 repeating over and over again. I don't seem to be able to delete any of them. Is there a way to "start fresh" or will I need to go into notepad to take care of these?

It should also be noted that we are a small company and do not have a CAD Administrator to handle these types of issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:M.Shuler)

Yes, just use any text editor to edit the file.  I can help if you want to attach it (as a zip file).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, just use any text editor to edit the file.  I can help if you want to attach it (as a zip file).

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom. I appreciate the offer but the Notepad "replace all" feature made short work of it.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

There was a glitch a few releases ago that when you saved the config.pro in Creo, it would basically put a whole other copy of all the lines at the bottom of your config. It really looks like this is *one* of your problems also. 

You may want to take a little time occasionally and go thru and delete out all the duplicate lines. It isn't necessarily a problem unless you edit it on day and you don't edit the last one in the list and your change doesn't happen because it's not the last one.

Not a "fix it now" problem but you might put it on your list of things to fix when you have a minute or 2 to spare.

Yeah I did notice all the duplicate lines when I was in there editing it. I did remove them but it's good to know it's a known issue.

Thanks Stephen!

Top Tags