cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Configuration Editor symbols

mholst
7-Bedrock

Configuration Editor symbols

Does anyone know the meaning of the different symbols in the Configuration Editor?
I recently upgraded to Creo 6.0.2.0 from Creo 4 and I had to make a few changes to my config.pro file. I saw that in front of many of the Names in Configuration Editor there suddenly was a "forbidden" symbol (red crossed circle). I have always been used to many symbols in front of the names e.g. "yellow lightning bolt" and "blue wand" or whatever describes them the best. I just never gave it too many thoughts but now that I see the "forbidden" symbol I got curious.
I have searched throug the help files and the community but with no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:mholst)

I believe those usually indicate when a setting is not valid. Sometimes settings are changed or removed between versions of Creo.

It would be nice if PTC would add a hover tooltip to tell users what the different symbols mean.

Sounds plausible. As you said it would be nice if PTC could add some kind of explanation for the symbols in a hover tip or something. It would also be nice to know why it is not valid. Should I delete the setting or shall I change it to something else to make it valid and so forth.

I assume the lightning bolt means standard option and the blue wand means not standard. Then there is the blue square in the white square (I assume this is meant to be a PC) which I have no Idea what means either.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
mholst
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Perfect! Thanks.
Seems I was too stupid to find this myself.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nah, I'm sure you're not stupid.  Finding stuff on the knowledge base sometimes requires knowing the key words PTC uses for things.  Learning what these are comes with time and experience.

Top Tags