cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Constrain a slider

sloman
1-Newbie

Constrain a slider

Hello,

I want to create something like a scissor table. But we don’t have the “Mechanism” license. Is there an alternative way to accomplish a simulation?

Stefan

Scissor_table.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:sloman)

You might want to double check that. Mechanism (kinematics, aka "lite") comes as part of the base seat of Creo. Mechanism Dynamics (for springs, forces, etc.) is an additional license.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stefan,

you have to create movable axis (its position is defined by dimension) located in the slot and use it as assembly reference for marked component.

When you modify dimension and regenerate, you will receive different position of the component.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV

You might want to double check that. Mechanism (kinematics, aka "lite") comes as part of the base seat of Creo. Mechanism Dynamics (for springs, forces, etc.) is an additional license.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

You have to remember to install the license at the time you install Creo. I made that error the 1st time around too.

sloman
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hello Tom and Antonius,

I have contacted our dealer about the “mechanism” licence. It was indeed not installed. Together we have installed mechanism. In the attached document I have explained how to do this a easy way. It is important that the “parametric.psf” file is updated. (in the creo instal directory, “Bin”) My colleges had problems with the update and I copied the file from my HD to theirs.

Martin, thanks for the replay!

StefanReconfigure_1.JPGReconfigure_2.JPGReconfigure_3.JPGReconfigure_4.JPGReconfigure_5.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You can constrain a point to a line. This gives it a linear degree of freedom. Just add a datum point to the link and a sketch with a line, or datum curve, to the base in the slot where you intend the mate to be.

Top Tags