cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Context (RMB) menus disappear in WF5

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Context (RMB) menus disappear in WF5

Has anyone had problems with RMB (context) menus in Wildfire 5 (CE Pro 5)?

I have a CE Pro 5 (M070) user that frequently finds that when he moves his mouse over a RMB menu, the menu disappears before he can choose anything. Once it happens, it will always happen during that session. He has to shut down and restart Pro/E.
I've installed the latest graphic driver, but that didn't help.
HP xw4600 with Quadro FX 570.
We have many other users with the same PC who have not seen this.

Gerry

17 REPLIES 17

Hi all/Gerry,

We have some customers complaining about the RMB menu disappearing once in a while when hovering over it in Creo 3.

I wonder, anyone else on this forum experience the same in Creo 3?

Gerry, did you ever find out the cause?

We have the impression it is related to having a second mouse (3dConnexion) installed. Do you have secondary mice Gerry?

Agnes

It has been so long that I do not recall who was having that problem.

Being that only one user was affected, we decided to replace his PC, and everything has been fine since then.

jbaur
12-Amethyst
(To:auijttewaal)

Hello Agnes,

could you solve the probelm? We see same issue here in Creo3.

Jochen

Hi Jochen,

Interesting!

PTC has stated to have solved the issue in Creo 3 m110, so we are waiting on that release to arrive...

jbaur
12-Amethyst

Do you have a SPR from PTC?

Yes, it's SPR 5609771

jbaur
12-Amethyst

We still have the issue in Creo3 M110

Dear Jochen,

Unfortunately, you are not the only one. Our customers still experience it as well. PTC is informed and still working on a solution.

Current knowledge is that it is related to working with a 3Dconnection mouse and does not happen when you have only 1 model opened in Creo / it can be 'resolved' by closing all other models in Creo. Hopefully this helps you a bit!

Any progress on fixing this issue? It is very frustrating to work like this.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-5056376)

I would file a support ticket with PTC.

You could possibly try updating your graphics drivers as they cause all sorts of annoying issues.

Are you working Creo 3, what build code? Hopefully you are not expecting a maintenance release to WF 5.

ptc-5056376
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I am on Creo 3, M100, win7

Issue is observed with following conditions:

- Dual monitor

- 3Dconnexion mouse is pluged in

-more than one model and dwg is being opened and edited

I can confirm if only one model remains opened issue dissapear. Refreshing does not work for me. It was advised by some other users in similar threads.

@ptc-5056376 wrote:

I am on Creo 3, M100, win7

Issue is observed with following conditions:

- Dual monitor

- 3Dconnexion mouse is pluged in

-more than one model and dwg is being opened and edited

I can confirm if only one model remains opened issue dissapear. Refreshing does not work for me. It was advised by some other users in similar threads.

What graphics card?  This sounds like the symptoms of using a "gaming" card like the Nvidia GeForce line vs. a workstation card like a Quadro.  Performance suffers when multiple windows are opened.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dgschaefer)

Also, the "fix" was planned for creo 3 M120, (also creo 4) but doesn't say implemented so I'm not sure what that means.

Your fix may be as simple as a software update to M120 or higher.

5609771.jpg

yes, it is Nvidia Quadro M2000M. I have just installed latest drivers but issue persist. I have also latest drivers for 3Dmouse.

This issue compromises my working performance significantly as it makes 3D mouse unusable.

I work for corporate company so I cannot migrate to higher version:-(

I start to think the mistake is not on user side. However I can't believe PTC didn't discover such a bug during product testing...

Anyway..thanks for advices guys..

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I work in a large corporation also. We use several different build codes. You should discuss with the people who control the software. PTC can not update an existing build code. They release new build codes to fix problems. It's generally not a problem to have different build codes (m100, m120, etc) within the same organization and the files are all compatible.

You can't however have Creo 2 and Creo 3 and Creo 4 and share files between them (it's somewhat possible but wouldn't be a good idea to make that normal work practice)

ptc-5056376
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

OK,

I have found CS235006:Top item of RM menu disappears while moving the model by using the MMB of 3DX mouse in Creo Parametric

Resolution:

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Good luck!

Top Tags