cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Convert sketched entities to construction is grayed-out?

rfaulk
8-Gravel

Convert sketched entities to construction is grayed-out?

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.3.0

In a sketch, the function to "Convert Selected Entities to Construction" is grayed out for some entities but not others. I used to be able to convert any sketched entities to construction.

Edit:  I don't know why this topic was created in the "System Administration" category...

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:rfaulk)

I don't think you can convert geometry that is a "used edge" to construction geometry. In the same way that when you are in construction mode, you can't do offsets or use edges.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing.  Entities that are Projected from other features, curves, etc. cannot be toggled to Construction entities.  Conversely, I can see that when I switch to Construction Mode that Offset, Thicken and Project all are grayed-out!

I don't recall this being the case in previous versions of Creo.  Is this a new limitation?

Hi,

I think you have to discuss the problem with PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

To the best of my recollection, this has always been the case. And I've been using Creo since it was Pro/ENGINEER.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Hi @rfaulk 

As @KenFarley mentioned it was same in previous versions. However starting from Creo 10.0 there are some enhancements in sketcher. As in below image from Creo 10.0 notice that Project and Offset is active in construction mode. I think you can make a trial in Creo 10.0

Thanks.

Hi @rfaulk 

If any of the response helps, please mark that as the solution to help other members. Thanks for using the Community!

Thanks.

Mahesh

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags