cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Converting symbol libraries from wf4 to wf5 (elements/pro 5.0)

Bucknut
1-Newbie

Converting symbol libraries from wf4 to wf5 (elements/pro 5.0)

We recently upgraded from Wildfire 4 to Creo elements/pro 5.0 (Date Code M250). Most of the product is working but we can't add symbols like revision and weld.

Anyone know how to convert / upgrade these libraries? Frankly I don't have time to make all these over again even if I knew the process.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to our VAR this issue has been resolved.

Thanks to those who responded too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Bucknut)

I've never seen any complaints like this, so I suspect it isn't a conversion problem. This I know from using symbols created in Rev 13 on WF5.

Can you give an example of the steps you go through and where the process diverges from what you expect?

Hi,

it looks like WF5 can't see symbol definition files (*.sym). Please the setting of PRO_SYMBOL_DIR option in config.pro file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I'll bet you are correct. There should be a standard answer on all upgrades that has a list of all the things that won't work after the new install is done.

All the files that need to be moved or copied and all the config options that need to be changed. One would think the installer software would handle all of these.

Thanks to our VAR this issue has been resolved.

Thanks to those who responded too.

Top Tags