cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Crashing! Creo 3.0

jschutte
7-Bedrock

Crashing! Creo 3.0

Hello,

One of my users (in Asia) emailed me about a crashing issue he is having.  Every time he switches from layer tree to model tree.   Unfortunately his machine is not supported, an Dell Optiplex 9010 with Intel HD Graphics 4000.  I had him update his drivers & he reports this morning that it did not help.   I would have him switch from OpenGL to Win32gdi but it appears that PTC decided to remove that option in Creo 3.0.

I'm sending him the list of supported hardware for Creo3.0 & can only hope his boss authorizes him to get a new machine.  Until then I thought I would reach out for help.  Yes, I am grasping at straws here but maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks,

Joe S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:jschutte)

graphics opengl

graphics win32_gdi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
psobejko
12-Amethyst

I'm pretty sure the option is still there, but it's "hidden" - so has to be typed in manually into the config.pro file...

Ahhh... hidden....   thanks!

Anyone know what the actual exact verbage would be for it?  I certainly do not remember it. 

psobejko
12-Amethyst

graphics opengl

graphics win32_gdi

It worked.  This morning an email was waiting for me that the user sent:

"Hi Joe,
  you are so great! Appreciate"

So that config option does still work.  PTC finally got back to me & recommended using a switch in the short cut:

-g:win32_gdi

The real problem is running Creo on a Dell Optiplix with Intel HD 4000 graphics.

Thanks all!

Joe,

You may try adding below config options:

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

Top Tags