cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Create a list of .step models to be run on in a .txt file if you can help me with these steps

mason_parrone
2-Guest

Create a list of .step models to be run on in a .txt file if you can help me with these steps

Hi,

I am seeking to do something similar to this but going from .step to .prt. I have many .step models to start with, and I am trying to produce the Creo.prts using a standard template & settings defined in config.pro and template .dip_step. I have ran through the process once to generate a trail.txt file (attached). I can create a list of .step models to be run on in a .txt file if you can help me with the steps in between.

Thanks,

Mason

3 REPLIES 3

The Creo distributed batch tool has a "STEP 3D Import of Parts" task already defined.  Have you tried it yet?

Dan N.

Yes, this works to produce basic .prts, but it totally ignores my config.pro and .dip_step files even when I upload them as configuration files for the batch process. I need it to read this in, as the .dip_step applies a standard part template, and the config.pro has a setting: intf3d_in_as_part yes

This is necessary because some, but not all of the .step files are step assemblies.

The distributed batch tool can use your config.pro file.  I had an intern work on a project for us that did it.

What is this .dip_step file you are talking about?

Top Tags