cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Create new Config.pro option

mbracht
1-Newbie

Create new Config.pro option

Folks,

I'm wanting to create a relation parameter to drive a weight calculation per a specified factor.  I know I can do this in the part/assembly relations and parameters list.  What I want is to have that factor be controlled like a config.pro option where I can have a single source controlling its value so if I modify the value at a later date it will adjust the calculated value in all the children vs us having to manually update all our files.  I'm having a mental block on how to get this done.  I tried to create my own config.pro line, but it won't let me save.  Anyone else have a similar problem they've tackled?

Thx, mb

1 REPLY 1
mender
6-Contributor
(To:mbracht)

You don't want a config.pro option, they aren't supposed to modify your models' geometry on retrieval.  My recommendation would be a Notebook (once called a Layout, but we decided to use that name for a new module).  Here you can define a parameter, and then have all your solids 'declare' the notebook, getting their value for the parameter from it.  Then you can update the value in all the solids at once with one step.

Top Tags