cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creating vertical notes in Creo Parametric 3.0 and 4.0 takes so much longer compared to Creo 2.0.

NigelWhittingha
5-Regular Member

Creating vertical notes in Creo Parametric 3.0 and 4.0 takes so much longer compared to Creo 2.0.

In Creo 3.0 when making multiple vertical notes you have to select :-

Note > Unattached Note > Select LOCATION for note > Type the note > MMB to finish typing > RMB > Properties > Text Style > Angle > Type 90 > OK > LMB click in empty area of screen.

For subsequent vertical notes you have to do all the above again.

In Creo 2.0 you select:-

Note > No Leader > Vertical > Make Note > Select LOCATION for note > Type the note > Enter > Enter

For subsequent vertical notes you just have to select Make Note, as the last settings are kept.

At no point on creating a note in Creo 3.0 are you able to specify 'vertical'.

7 REPLIES 7

You can grab the handle now and rotate. It doesn't really snap to 90 but it's not too hard to get it vertical.

Not a perfect solution but maybe better than the large number of clicks.

NigelWhittingha
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

I've always thought that rotate tool fairly useless exactly for that reason, it doesn't snap to vertical or horizontal.

I agree. Other than a mapkey, or setting one note up and then copy and pasting and editing the subsequent notes, I don't think there is a good solution.

If you would be so kind as to file an SPR requesting that the rotate tool snap to V/H, I can look into getting it done.  Seems like a clear improvement, and quick to write, so I'd just be contingent on getting approval.

NigelWhittingha
5-Regular Member
(To:mender)

Cheers Matthew. I did open a call with PTC, I will ask the engineer to create an SPR for that call.

Sorry I'd failed to follow up on this before now.  There's some discussion about whether to change it, but for now:

1) After making the note, use the text style dialog (arrow at bottom right of the format tab's style section) to enter 90

or

2) When using the rotational dragger, use the config 'angle_grid_interval' (default = 1 degree) to get a larger granularity, or use the shift key while rotating to get a 5 degree granularity. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mender)

Using the shift key to get the 5° granularity is great. It makes getting to that 90° position relatively painless.

Thanks for that tip.

Top Tags