cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 1.0 Config Files Load order & keeping them straight

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 1.0 Config Files Load order & keeping them straight

I was just doing some testing.
What I did was add a few lines to the beginning of each of my config files. Like this:
!==========================
!== Common Files Config.pro == <-- Indicates the Folder and the File loaded.
!==========================

What I was trying to determine if Creo sees a config file that is in the <loadpoint>\Creo 1.0\Parametric\text Directory.
The answer is no, it will not see any config file in that directory. So all your loadpoint configs have to reside in the <loadpoint>\Creo 1.0\Common Files directory.

The only way to keep these config files straight and see which has which options is to begin each one with a comment. Then in the Configuration Editor, you tell it to show the options As Set. Hopefully PTC fixes this in Creo 2.0. Does anyone know when this is to be fixed?

[cid:image002.jpg@01CCDB6D.E486A7D0]

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

That only works when files are loaded at start up. Add another file manually after startup, and Creo jumbles all the options together so there's no way to tell where they came from.

Not only that, but you cannot add options to a specific file. Actually, you cannot even add a single option. The only way to save any config changes through the GUI is to save all the options, loaded from all files plus any that you added (and maybe even those set by default), into one large file.

Oh, and to top it off, just opening the config GUI creates a 'current_session.pro' file in your working directory.

It's seriously borked, IMO. Frankly, the GUI is unworkable and I'm going to tell my users to stay away from it and edit their config files in a text editor when we're forced to use Creo. That, I expect, is going to go over very well.

There are a couple of SPRs out on these issues that I'm aware of, there may be more. If these config file issues affect you, please file a case with PTC to get this some more attention so hopefully it will get resolved sooner than later.

2095844 - Inability to save to specific config files

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

This issue is now causing some problems for my users. Each of my users had a few config options that cater to them and now they all have hundreds of config file options that were copied over from the system level config.pro file.

What is the status of this at PTC?

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

The status is unknown. There is an SPR filed, but it has no resolution
date or build.

For now, I'd tell your user's not to mess with the Creo config UI except
to find the option they want. Do all your config file editing in a text
editor.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

File a support call. The more customer complaints the sooner this will be addressed.

Subject: [proesys] - RE: Creo 1.0 Config Files Load order & keeping them straight
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags