cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 1.0 doesn't run

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Creo 1.0 doesn't run

We are using Wildfire 5.0, M080, AKA Creo Elements.

I downloaded the full-blown Creo and installed it just to try it out, but it doesn't work. I click on the icon, the splash screen comes up then disappears, and nothing else happens. It has installed itself under "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0", while my 5.0 is installed under "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements". So they are in completely separate places, and they start in different Prostart folders. I have edited my config.pro to point various settings to the new prostart folder, so that's not the problem.

I have used the same license file for this new Creo as I am using for WF5.0/Creo Elements. Could that be the problem? Do I need a new license file for this new Creo? Also, I imagine that seeing as the new Creo is quite different, some of the settings files might not be useable: for example the config.win creates an error in my std.out file, so I removed it.

Does anyone know what I should be doing differently?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

You will need a new license file for the Creo 1.0 installation.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianParrish)

One of the other guys here installed Creo 1.0 on his computer a month ago and it runs, and he didn't get a new license file. He has a 64 bit computer, mine is 32.

Grahame,

I suggest to check your license file. The INCREMENT lines must contain 32.0, see the following example:

INCREMENT PROE_FoundationAdv ptc_d 32.0 permanent 1

If the number included in INCREMENT line is lower than 32.0, then you need to update your license file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks. I have a case logged with PTC now, so I am guessing this is what they will do.

Grahame,

if you have an account at PTC, then you can try to use http://www.ptc.com/cgi/cs/apps/lpg/lpg.pl to get your current license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Just did that, ran ptcsetup.bat again, same reult as before. Why don't they just give us a bloody dongle to plug into our computer.

Top Tags