cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 1.0 performance on Windows 10

ptc-2228794
3-Visitor

Creo 1.0 performance on Windows 10

Hi all,

I work in a company with about 15 licenses of Creo 1.0. Since now, we have been working with windows 7 workstations, but we are upgrading some machines to windows 10 and we have some performance troubles when working with Creo. Particullary I advise a big slowdown when mounting big assemblies or trying to explode assembies. I have tried to do the some operation on different machines with different hardware and OS and I have noticed that on Win 10, it takes 3 or 4 times more than in Win 7, even with much better hardware on the win 10 machines.

I know that Creo 1.0 is a very old version, but due to licensing issues the company can't afford updating the software.

Anyone knows why is this happening? Is possible to configure something to avoid this troubles? anyone has the some trouble?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-2228794)

Have you tried setting

graphics win32_gdi

in your config.pro to determine if it is a graphics card issue?

Thanks for the aswer, Chris.

I think this is not a graphic card issue, however I have tried to modify that option but there is no change 😞

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-2228794)

I don't have any other suggestions other than to review what other software is in Windows 10 that may not have been there on Windows 7.

StephenWilliams posted of an issue in which a piece of security software caused large delays when opening files:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/File-Open-takes-about-a-minute/m-p/717274

Top Tags