cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 1 Working Directory

LouGeier
1-Newbie

Creo 1 Working Directory

We have just upgraded from Creo/Elements Pro to Creo 1 Parametric. When trying to set the default working directory, Creo seems to always try to open files from my documents by default. I have the startup location set for the correct folder, but when you launch Creo and hit open, it brings the explorer window to my documents. Is there a config.pro option or something that could be overriding the startup location?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lou,

use config.pro option file_open_default_folder working_directory. It works in WF5 and also in Creo Parametric.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi

When you are setting start in directory to specific folder; please place your config files(Config.pro,config.win etc) in that folder.

After this you will not face this problem.

Try this and reply

Regards

K.Mahanta

Lou,

use config.pro option file_open_default_folder working_directory. It works in WF5 and also in Creo Parametric.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

That was the option I was looking for. Thanks for the help!

Martin,

Can you please elaborate a little bit as i select the the option working_directory in Creo Parametric 2.0 and also saved that to the config.pro but it next startup it again set to my documents.

Naeem,

open config.pro in Notepad editor and add new line at the end of this file - see below. Then restart CR2.

file_open_default_folder working_directory

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags