cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 2.0- Assembly can't retrieve components (adds "_" after each part name)

MegnaH.
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0- Assembly can't retrieve components (adds "_" after each part name)

For some reason my assembly isn't able to retrieve missing components even when I select the correct folder (I even checked the folders to make sure the parts were there and my config.pro file has the correct search paths). I'm not sure if it's unable to retrieve the components because of how they became renamed? (They appear to have "_.prt" at the ends of some of their names now instead of ".prt")

creo_problem.png

Some of the parts didnt have this problem and I was able to retrieve them (although they still appear in red)

Any solutions? I did notice that this only occurred after a new computer was installed and the files were transferred.

Oh and when I do remove the _ at the end of the part name when trying to retrieve, it gives me the following:

error.png


This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks!

I figured it was something like that...it turns out that someone had saved as on an old assembly and it made copies of all those parts with different names in a different folder (they didn't understand how to reference parts to an assembly without being in the same folder).

When someone tried to copy the files onto the new computer, the assembly didn't remember where the parts were located (I thought it was referring to the parts in the correct directory - not the copy directory that someone made). So I was able to find the correct folder and retrieve them Although I wish that original person hadn't made completely new copies of the parts for the assembly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:MegnaH.)

You get this when someone does save-as and accepts the default new name template, which adds an underscore to the names.

They may have thought they didn't need the parts and deleted them.

If they were archiving, they should have used backup, not save-as or deselected all the parts so that new names weren't created.

Thanks!

I figured it was something like that...it turns out that someone had saved as on an old assembly and it made copies of all those parts with different names in a different folder (they didn't understand how to reference parts to an assembly without being in the same folder).

When someone tried to copy the files onto the new computer, the assembly didn't remember where the parts were located (I thought it was referring to the parts in the correct directory - not the copy directory that someone made). So I was able to find the correct folder and retrieve them Although I wish that original person hadn't made completely new copies of the parts for the assembly.

View solution in original post

Announcements