cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 2.0 Config Options Excell Spread Sheet.

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 2.0 Config Options Excell Spread Sheet.

I bit the bullet and converted PTC's PDF doc to an excel spread sheet. Now I can sort by column. I also moved the useless platform column to the end and added a column for what's new in Creo 2 since WF4, and a My Settings column. I also went through Olaf's config comparison files and flagged all the new items.

I haven't added the hidden options I use yet. I'll get to that later.

PTC, if you're listening, This would be a far better way to deliver this data, than the current PDF.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CD1742.83B48A60]

David Haigh
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

David: I downloaded the excel spreadsheet but cannot open it in excel. It says that the file extension deoes not match the content. Can you reload the excel file? Perhaps in an older format?

dgallup
4-Participant
(To:davehaigh)

I had the same problem. It is a .png file despite the .xlsx extension.

In Reply to Charles Wenning:

David: I downloaded the excel spreadsheet but cannot open it in excel. It says that the file extension deoes not match the content. Can you reload the excel file? Perhaps in an older format?

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Ok, here is a zip file with both a .xls and .xlsx file.

I've renamed the extension from .zip to .piz, so that it will get by any email filters you may have. Change the extension back to .zip and extract the files.

I added a new column for paths. If an option specifies a path to a directory or file, it's indicated in that column.

David Haigh

Absolutely Fabulous !

Thanks for this effort. MUCH better than PTC's approach.

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer,
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174
630-797-4974 direct
-

David,

Thanks!!! That was a genuine Public Service. Greatly appreciated.

Bob Lohbauer

Mucho Gracias, Mr. Haigh!

David,

This is fantastic. I really do appreciate the effort you put into doing this.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Working with my new spreadsheet today I found some errors. I've fixed those and added the hidden options that I use. There is an additional column to allow you to sort by hidden.

Same deal with the file name, change the extension and extract the files.

David Haigh

Much better, the zip file worked great. This is great. Much better than PTC's list.

Great work David. Found this in a recent search.

Is the "allow_create_pdm_param yes" no longer available in Creo 2 or 3? Using PDMLink.

I used that more than I should have in the past.

Kevin

Top Tags