cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 2.0 Lag on opening or starting part file

ptc-5166945
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Lag on opening or starting part file

Having an issue with Creo that I haven't had before. We use a license server and I have creo 2.0 M050. I launch creo from the icon and it loads fine. I can use the menus in real time with no stall or lag at all. However, when I open a part file or start a new part, the program locks down and works really slow (not at all) I never get a 'creo is not responding' error, aspects of the file loaded start to come up, like the model tree (5-10 minutes), but even walking away and letting it think doesn't load the part I'm looking at. It doesn't let me click on menu buttons after that either. I can hover over one for a minute or two, then click, then wait a minute or two and then I see the menu. I can't for the life of me figure out why Creo is acting like this all of a sudden. I use the program on a workstation with a Xeon processor and dedicated gpu (not on-board) and to date, the program's performance has never been an issue. I'm not certain if any new installs have taken place, but it's possible I can't undo them, as they are corporate security and program updates. I haven't found any other user having this issue though.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags