cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 2.0 License compatibility with Creo 4.0

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Creo 2.0 License compatibility with Creo 4.0

With the end of support for Creo 2.0 impending, we are contemplating switching to Creo 4.0. I would like to do a little testing with Creo 4.0 before we commit to it. Will I be able to use the same FlexLM license server we are currently running with Creo 2.0 (M240)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. License file is downward compatible, Creo 4.0 license file will allow Creo 2.0.

2. Starting from Creo 4.0 M010 Flexnet version needs to be 11.14. If it is any older version, users will get error on stating Creo 4.0.

3. If you have only Creo 2.0 compatible license, get a new updated license from PTC and install 11.14 (Flexnet)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Maybe ...

PTC is only supporting x64 bit OS's with the Creo 4 install, so if your license server is a x64 bit system, you can use the same server.  If not, you may need to upgrade to a x64 bit OS.  You will need to upgrade to the 11.14.0.2 version of FlexLM.  The x64 bit version is included in the Creo installation.

However ...

You can download FlexLM/FlexNET seprately from the PTC site as well (see CS21172).  The separate installs of FlexLM include a x32 bit version now, so .... maybe you can use the x32 bit server still.  I don't know of the separate installation of FlexLM includes the ptc_d.exe file or not.

Regards,

Dan N.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:dnordin)

We're currently running FlexLM version 11.10. We switched everything to 64 bit years ago, mostly due to the fact that 32 bit Windows limited memory to insufficient GBytes for our large assemblies. We were experiencing abrupt program death on a regular basis.

I guess the only way to really know for sure will be to install Creo 4 and give it a go.

1. License file is downward compatible, Creo 4.0 license file will allow Creo 2.0.

2. Starting from Creo 4.0 M010 Flexnet version needs to be 11.14. If it is any older version, users will get error on stating Creo 4.0.

3. If you have only Creo 2.0 compatible license, get a new updated license from PTC and install 11.14 (Flexnet)

That's unpleasant. I can't just install the new license server. Server management is done by an offsite company and I need to coordinate with them and basically hand-hold them through the process. It's particularly annoying because we use other software that uses FlexLM licensing and messing around with it invariably causes things to fail.

My initial inquiry was whether I could start up Creo 4.0 using our current Creo 2.0 license server. I guess the answer is NO.

Yes, for that answer is NO.

There was an article published for the same. 

CS259661 

Hi,

is Creo 2.0 compatible with FlexNet 11.14? So that we can use Creo 2.0 & 4.0?

br Bernhard

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bmüller)

Bernhard,

See above in this thread.

Yes 11.14 on x64 is the proper FlexNet server version. You will need a license file from PTC that is Creo4 enabled. A Creo4 license will allow you to run Creo2, Creo3 and Creo4.

Top Tags