cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 2.0 M040 crashes a lot

DavidRodriguez
4-Participant

Creo 2.0 M040 crashes a lot

Hi

We recently upgraded from Wildfire 4 M170 to Creo 2.0 M040 and since then we find that Creo 2.0 M040 crashes a lot and performance is bad when working with PDMLink 9.1 M070. Does anyone out there have similiar problems and if yes, what was the underlying issue? I believe most of our crashes were in drawing mode when working with dimensions, but they appear to be random. Regarding performance, the users complain that the Workgroup Manager is about 10% slower, mostly during upload/download/checkin operations.

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Regards

David Rodriguez

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

We moved to CREO2 M030 in February with Windchill 10.0 and had a lot of problems with crashing and performance. Now we are on CREO2 M050 which has little less crashing but certainly not as stable as WF4. Performance is still a major issue because it is much slower compared to WF4!
Regards,
Han

We have not yet mad the switch from wf4 to Creo2 but are currently duing light testing.

I have heard from other users that a lot of crashing is due to using the same config files from ProE to Creo. Is this the case with both of you, or are you experiencing the crashes even without using the same config files? Do you still have a lot of crashes when using Creo's default configurations? I know this is not very practical for a work environment, but may be very good at diagnosing which config files are the culprit, if that is indeed a cause.

Boy, Creo gives a little in time advantage and then takes it away again with it being slower processing. That kind of kills the motivation to get the new functionality in Creo.

Regards,

Lawrence

In Reply to Han Wientjes:

We moved to CREO2 M030 in February with Windchill 10.0 and had a lot of problems with crashing and performance. Now we are on CREO2 M050 which has little less crashing but certainly not as stable as WF4. Performance is still a major issue because it is much slower compared to WF4!
Regards,
Han

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

We have been using Creo2 M040 for about 2 months and yes we are having random crashes 1-2 per week. We had speed issues opening parts and found the problem to be with the shade quality set to high and what the shade_model_display was set to lod now set to wireframe which helps but still crashes.

Ron

Hi Lawrence

Actually we are using a mix of config files from WF4 to Creo 2.0. I checked with PTC which files I could re-use and which not. Our config.pro was ported from WF4 to Creo 2.0 and we removed all the obsolete options. It is kind of hard for us to test performance without our standard config.pro because half of our stuff would not work. I have not yet done much tests using Creo's default configurations as I first wanted to hear if someone was experiencing similar problems.

Regards

David

In Reply to Lawrence Scheeler:

We have not yet mad the switch from wf4 to Creo2 but are currently duing light testing.

I have heard from other users that a lot of crashing is due to using the same config files from ProE to Creo. Is this the case with both of you, or are you experiencing the crashes even without using the same config files? Do you still have a lot of crashes when using Creo's default configurations? I know this is not very practical for a work environment, but may be very good at diagnosing which config files are the culprit, if that is indeed a cause.

Boy, Creo gives a little in time advantage and then takes it away again with it being slower processing. That kind of kills the motivation to get the new functionality in Creo.

Regards,

Lawrence

In Reply to Han Wientjes:

Regards,
Han

Dear Ron

Many thanks for this useful piece of information regarding the shade_model_display. We currently have save_model_display=shading_high. So maybe this is the cause of the slow retrieval times from PDMLink. If saving a file in Creo 2 format using shading_high increase the size of the file dramatically, then I somehow guess this could really affect retreival times over a network. But once again, it is just a theory and I need to check this.

Regards

David

In Reply to Ron Rich:

We have been using Creo2 M040 for about 2 months and yes we are having random crashes 1-2 per week. We had speed issues opening parts and found the problem to be with the shade quality set to high and what the shade_model_display was set to lod now set to wireframe which helps but still crashes.

Ron
Top Tags