cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 2.0 trial using issure

Susan
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 trial using issure

I downloaded Creo 2.0 30day trial from PTC web, then installed it, everything seems ok while installation. I can opened Creo 2.0, create a new drawing and click any icon no problem, but no plane shows up (plane display is on). the mouse is always showing up as an arrow, I cannot make any sketch. Anyone knows why?

11 REPLIES 11
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Susan)

This might be semantics question, but when you say drawing, do you mean a drawing file?

You will not have datums in drawings, only parts and assemblies. If you are having trouble seeing datum planes in parts or assemblies, I might suggest they are either hidden by the layer state or they are bigger than the screen. Once you create a new feature, the planes will resize. This is valid if you are not having trouble with your graphics drivers.

If indeed you are in a drawing file, make sure you have a part or assembly in the drawing file. An empty drawing isn't much good unless you just want sketch some stuff.

Feel free to post images in the forum. You can save them on your computer and upload them to the forum from your hard drive.

I don't think any part of Creo changes the cursor arrow. You do need a middle mouse button which is pretty much standard today.

On the bright side, you got Creo running

I am supposed to say to open a new part with solid type. I still don't know how to show up planes.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Go to the Layers dialog in the feature tree and see if the planes are hidden.

The planes all are unhidden. but screen is still blank.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Is the screen blank or blacking out? Can you still see the menu tree?

I can see all menu tree and menu work well. just can't the planes even the Extrude made before. I used to see planes and made a Extrude.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Please start a new part and uncheck the "Use Template". When the next dialog opens, select "Empty".

In the new part, click on the coordinate datum feature, and then the datum plane feature. Next click on the Zoom All in the floating graphics area menu. Be sure the show datums is selected. If you see datum planes, you are having trouble understanding how templates can hide datums automatically. If this doesn't work, we will talk some more.

I am taking you though this only to confirm that some automatic features in the template parts is not taking over.

Hi Antonius,

I have tried as your method. it doesn't work. datum planes don't showing.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Are you working with a value added reseller in obtaining the license? If so, they need to get you some help. I suspect you are having hardware problems.

In the meantime, you can try disabling the OpenGL mode in Creo. Go to File>Options>Configuration Editor and Find "Graphics" and change that option to "win32_gdi". Add/Change - Close. Now the win32 driver is active and see if this fixes anything.

Thank you so much, It has been fixed already after I followed your steps.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Happy to help

Top Tags