cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 2 and PDMLink 10.1

llie
16-Pearl

Creo 2 and PDMLink 10.1

All,

Every time I launch Creo 2 M020 from the icon, sign into Windchill through
the embedded browser, and then go to File, Manage Session, Server
Management in Creo 2.0, my Server list is all set as Offline.

A RMB and unselect Work Offline fixes it, but I have to do it each time I
launch Creo 2.

Is this the expected behavior?

Lance J Lie
Information Technology
SAS IT Info. Solutions App. Eng.
Space and Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company

+1 310.616.1551 (office)
+1 310.426.4968 (cell)
+1 310.647.0315 (fax)
-

2000 E. El Segundo Blvd.
El Segundo, CA 90245 USA
www.raytheon.com

Raytheon Sustainability

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
4 REPLIES 4
BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite
(To:llie)

No, mine acts a little differently. On most of my workstations, every time my users open Creo 2, they get an error saying that the server is unavailable and is offline. However, when you go to the Server Manager, it shows it is online. I thought this was expected behavior.

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
bfrandsen
6-Contributor

The scenarios for login changes over time and is often related to corrupted cache files.
First indication I get is when Creo stops asking for login on launch, but waits until the first command needs access to the workspace. The last strange behavior i had asked for login twice to the same server with the dialogs stacked upon each other launch.
Upload all data and remove the local cache will reset the behavior for a while in most cases.

/Bjarne
proed
1-Newbie

Hi folks

Interesting to hear others have the same issue: we've seen this on a number of computers, the typical fix is to clear the local cache - I have a script for that now... but sometimes it happens more than once, would be interested to know what causes it. Had a case with PTC Tech support about it, but they didn't really give a reason. We have exit logger running now, perhaps that will uncover something.

Edwin Muirhead

DanielReid
9-Granite

We're at about the same point here Edwin. I have on my list of tasks writing some scripts that do different stages of cleanup. Some things are fixed just be clearing the browser cache (and sometimes just history), others by clearing the java cache, others by clearing the server registry info, and finally of course clearing the local WC cache. I'm thinking of making some of this cleanup part of the standard startup script.

Daniel Reid
CAD Project Engineer
Kenworth Truck Company
Top Tags