cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2 config files

gbon
1-Newbie

Creo 2 config files

Hi alls,

I'm working on Wildfire5 for several years and I would like to work on Creo2
now.

(I'm using ProE since ProEngineer V9).

I would like to know if there are explanations on the web about how to
configure Creo softwares.

How to handle Config.pro, Config.win, graphic library.

It seems to have been change since Creo1.

Thanks for any advice or web links,

GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:gbon)

Config.pro & config.sup work as they always have. The only exception would be a bug in Creo 1 & Creo 2 build up through M020 where you cannot edit or save individual config files if more than one are loaded. Get Creo 2 M030 or later to avoid that.

The config.win is gone, replaced by the 'creo_parametric_customization.ui' and 'creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui' files. The former will only be read from the 'cache' folder, by default deep within the Windows user folders, the latter goes in the text folder. You can set a config option (load_ui_customization_run_dir YES) to load the first from the startup directory, but Creo will update this file automatically if you move buttons around and the config option forces a save to the current working directory. You may up with creo_parametric_customization.ui in every folder you work in.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags