cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2 - what replaces these config options?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 2 - what replaces these config options?

I noticed that two config options we use are no longer valid in Creo 2.0

Are there other config options that replace the fuction of these two options?
sketcher_dec_places 3
tol_mode PLUSMINUSSYM

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I thought I read that these were both made obsolete.

I know these options are gone. Why?

How did the software change, such that these are no longer needed?

David Haigh

Going from WF4 to Creo 3.0 soon.  I'd also like to know if there are replacements for these 2 obsoleted config options.  Anyone have an answer?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MikeBills)

tol_mode was obsoleted in Creo 1 by the introduction of detailing options for solids, File > Prepare > Model Properties > Detail Options, 'default_tolerance_mode'.

sketcher_dec_places I have less direct knowledge of, it appears that it was obsoleted in WF5 and employs 'default_dec_places' instead.  I could be mistaken, so test before relying on that.

I know they are gone. But why?
What changed in the software to make these no longer needed?

David Haigh
Top Tags