cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 3.0 Student is Extremely Slow

az_t
4-Participant

Creo 3.0 Student is Extremely Slow

I am currently using Creo 3.0 Parametric for my school work in college. However, lately whenever I open Creo to do some work, it is EXTREMELY slow. It lags and none of the highlighting of the options appear correctly. I am on the latest graphics driver and I looked at the hardware requirements and everything should be above what is required. Even after closing Creo, my laptop runs really slow and the right click menus in Windows don't highlight like they should. Only after a restart is everything good again. I am really at a loss as to what could be causing this. This happened before, and I reinstalled Creo. That fixed it for about a week now its back to being trash. Let me know of any suggestions. I'll put my specs below. Thanks.

HP Spectre 15-inch Gem-Cut 2019 Model

Intel i7 8750H 6 core processor

Nvidia GTX 1050ti

16GB DDR4 RAM

512GB PCIe SSD

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:az_t)

Hi,

if you have Windows 10 installed, then try deinstalling/installing graphic card drivers.

Martin Hanák
az_t
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

So I ended up doing a complete Windows reset, and that worked for about a week and a half. Now Creo is back to doing exactly what it did before. Whenever I open it, it is extremely slow and even after I close it, my computer doesnt highlight things correctly in the Windows environment and just runs slow. I have never seen anything like this from a program. Also, it doesnt matter if I run the program using the integrated graphics card, or the GTX 1050ti, the result is the same. This makes me lean towards the idea that there is something wrong with the software. Any suggestions would be helpful.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:az_t)

Hi,

I guess you own something like http://www.hpmarket.cz/productOpt.asp?konfId=5GZ48EA, this means Windows 10 Home OS.

Q1: What Windows 10 was active after Windows reset (winver command out put)

Q2: What Windows 10 is active now (I guess Windows OS was updated during one week)

Suggestion:

If Windows 10 updated , then try deinstalling/installing graphic card drivers.

Also 3840 x 2160 display resolution can cause problems.

Martin Hanák
az_t
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Yes that laptop is exactly what I own.

In response to your first question, I reset Windows to version 1809

In response to your second question, I am still on Windows version 1809. I have not updated to the new version.

Lately I have been running my laptop in only 1920x1080 resolution and the problem still persists. I also find it interesting that even when I run the program on the integrated graphics, I still have the same problem. It does not matter which graphics card I run the program on, it makes my entire computer slow until a reboot.

Top Tags