cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 3 M100 - Windows 10 unstable

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Creo 3 M100 - Windows 10 unstable

Hi there,

I am struggling with Windows 10 (and therefore IE11) and Creo.

Using PDM Essentials through the embedded browser is like a minefield. Any user action (no matter, if activating a workspace or browsing common space) can cause Creo to stop.

Strangly enough, when Creo stopped responding to any input and I try to close it via right-click on Creo Symbol in taskbar -> "Close Window", Creo asks for confirmation instantly. But the dialog does not respond to any click.

I already tried "browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes", but no success.

Does anyone have similar problems in this combination (Windows 10 & Creo 3 M100)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mat)

the bug seems to be resolved with version M140.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

I narrowed the problem to a script sequence of the browser's homepage.

There are two lines, that do not work together:

window.open("<weblink tool collection>.html", "", "width=1100, height=720");

document.location.href = "http://<company windchill site>";

I downgraded to Creo 3 M080 (last Version installed on my old Win7 system).

Now, everything seems to run stable.

So, seems like there is a bug in M100.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

I marked this thread as "unanswered" because the problem is still not fixed in M110.

And keeping stuck in one Software version seems not quite being a solution.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

did you report the problem to PTC Support ?

MH

Martin Hanák
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

No.

Unfortunately my company's support contract does not include direct PTC Support.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I suppose that your company has active Global Support contract and pays maintenance money to PTC. In such case you can ask your VAR to open Case at PTC Support for you. PTC Support then contacts you and helps you to solve the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák
mdebower
18-Opal

Have you tried setting the config option:

windows_browser_type CHROMIUM_BROWSER

We are on Creo 3.0 m100 and Windchill 10.1 m040 and that is what we had to do to get it to behave.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:mdebower)

Hi Marc,

sure, I could try this, but my site uses weblink API, which is based on ActiveX (IE only).

Meanwhile, I have got an answer from my reseller.

PTC is already aware of the problem. A fix should be available with M120.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS244548

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Matthias Rehs wrote:

Hi Marc,

sure, I could try this, but my site uses weblink API, which is based on ActiveX (IE only).

Actually weblink works good with the Chromium based embedded web browser.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:RandyJones)

Ok, I tried it, but - as assumed- it did not work.

active_x_error_chromium.JPG

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Matthias Rehs wrote:

Ok, I tried it, but - as assumed- it did not work.

active_x_error_chromium.JPG

You are not by chance using an old pre-chromium pfcUtils.js are you? It (pfcUtils.js) should contain a function called pfcIsChrome() that is used in several spots including the pfcCreate() function.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:RandyJones)

Thanks Randy.

Indeed, there was an outdated pfcUitls.js in use.

So now, I get a connection to creo. But still no connection to the file system or other applications like Excel.

Using chromium seem not really an option to me.

davehaigh
11-Garnet

About CS244548, I had a call into PTC about this also. What I ended up doing was adding these settings to my config.pro.

web_browser_homepage https://about:blank/

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

Enable_PartCommunity_Tab no

enable_resource_browser_tab no

I also have a custom .ui to prevent the welcome to Creo window from opening.

the Welcome to Creo window comes up when you start Creo, this window is part of the problem.
Sadly, there is no config option to disable this window. You have to do it with your .ui file. 
And, from what I’ve see in the PTC knowledge base you can’t disable it from the .ui that is in the Creo Loadpoint.

The problem is you really need a specific startup script if you want to cleanly edit the .ui file. That's because there are three possible places for the .ui.
• The load point text dir, and only if you add admin to the name of the file to creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui
• The cache file setting directory - this is the default location.
• or the start in directory with the config option load_ui_customization_run_dir yes.
If your Creo session loads multiple .ui files, typically the changes you make only apply to the last file it loaded.

The second issue with this specific setting is it will not work from the load point directory.
That only leaves you with placing it in the users cache directory when your startup script runs.

I have a startup script for editing the ribbon, that removes the .ui from the cache directory and copies the system ribbon file to my run directory.
When you go to File, Help, System Information, you should only see one .ui file, in the configuration Information section. It should have no path in front of it.

Startup Creo with your ribbon editing startup script then pick the check box in the lower left corner of the Welcome to Creo window, and then pick the X in the upper right corner of the same window to close it.

When you exit Creo the creo_parametric_customatation.ui file in your start in/run directory will get a new time stamp.

At this point I use cut, and then go to my network folder where I have our system default .ui file and rename that one with todays date and then paste in the one that was in my start in directory.

Now when the user picks the shortcut to start Creo, it runs my startup script which grabs the .ui file, & places it in their cache settings folder.

This will stop the Welcome to Creo Window from opening.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:davehaigh)

We have implemented exactly what David suggested in config from the beginning including a custom .ui to disable the Welcome Screen.

web_browser_homepage our custom homepage

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

Enable_PartCommunity_Tab no

enable_resource_browser_tab no

One thing is to have your own custom home page with simple links and no graphics or animations. Please follow his instruction on loading the custom .ui file.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:llie)

the internal web-page contains scripts, that help our developers to get their jobs done. Eg: Combining Creo and Zemax

So, pointing to an empty webpage or a static webpage is not really helpful.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

the bug seems to be resolved with version M140.

Top Tags