cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 3 Network Install & Creo Platform Agent

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo 3 Network Install & Creo Platform Agent

For those who may be configuring Creo 3 to run from a network installation, you will quickly discover that the Creo Platform Agent fails to start if you install to a network location (or install locally and copy to a network location). After extensive testing and working with PTC technical support, it turns out that there was a (previously) undocumented environment variable that needs to be set:

CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH

This is now documented in CS104032.

Failure to set this will lead to the following messages:

ag1.PNG

ag2.PNG

I chose to add the environment variable directly to the PSF file.

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=<install location>creoagent.exe

Note 1: If adding this to the PSF file, do not place quotes around the path, even if there are spaces in it. Spaces work fine. Quotes will break it.

Note 2: You do NOT need to maintain the original folder structure. You can rearrange it or rename it however you like as long as the environment variable points to the location of creoagent.exe. I chose the following structure to keep everything nice and neat:

ag3.PNG

1 REPLY 1
SteveBarnhart
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom!

I came across this setting in the latest PTC Creo 3.0 Installation and Administration Guide (M060) and couldn't get it to work.  There were two problems in the documentation, which your post here handily resolved:

1. The environment variable seems to be incorrect in the documentation (they specify CREO_PLATFORM_AGENT_EXE_PATH, not CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH)
  2. It wasn't clear whether the name of the executable should be included in the path or not.  It should.

Top Tags