cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 3, Print Preview

dcox-2
1-Newbie

Creo 3, Print Preview

Ctrl-P in Creo 3 takes you to the print preview window - is it possible to revert back to just going straight to the Printer Configuration window? We use pcfs to print, and the new functionality adds three new steps to printing drawings.

Was:

1. Ctrl-P

2. select appropriate pcf

3. OK

Now is:

1. Ctrl-P

2. Click Settings

3. select appropriate pcf

4. OK

5. Print

6. Close print preview.

I know I could work around this with mapkeys, but was wondering if there's a way to revert to the old functionality. Haven't been able to find a config option, but maybe I've missed something.

Thanks,

Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:dcox-2)

I agree Ctrl-p should print not show the preview.  have you created a mapkey to get around this?

Hi David,

Unfortunately there is no setting to change the behavior.  There was a change made to the specifications in Creo 3.0, that caused the change in the UI.  I would advise you to create a Product Idea to see if a setting can be added to get the old UI.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags