cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo 3 installs without any reported errors, but will not launch?

mwoozley
1-Newbie

Creo 3 installs without any reported errors, but will not launch?

Creo 3 installs without any reported errors, but will not launch ( M040, Win 7 64 bit). how do I fix it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well I found a solution. The desktop icon was set-up by the installation to to run parametric.exe.  I changed it to parametric.bat and it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Well I found a solution. The desktop icon was set-up by the installation to to run parametric.exe.  I changed it to parametric.bat and it works.

Mark,

just a note ...

I am confused by the fact that parametric.exe does not work and parametric.bat does work, because parametric.bat calls parametric.exe ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I dunno.  Even thought the psf is in the same directory, maybe parametric.exe needs the location of the PSF

"C:\ptc\Creo 3.0\M040\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" "C:\ptc\Creo 3.0\M040\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf" %*

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:mwoozley)

Did you use the "start" command and the closed quotes?  I.e.:

start "" "<creo_install_dir>\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"

No.  I was just trying using the Icon that setup.exe created

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags