cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4 not opening Creo 2 assembly files correctly, getting Could not read from Model Tree config

wonderthought
4-Participant

Creo 4 not opening Creo 2 assembly files correctly, getting Could not read from Model Tree config

I am using Creo Parametric 4.0 M040, but I am trying to open a legacy Creo 2 assembly, but the model tree is not showing any of the model operations, but the model picture shows the changes that the operations would have done.  Error message at the bottom of the screen when I open the creo 2 assembly file is "Could not read from Model Tree config file wtpub://$SERVER_NAME/Libraries/CAD Standards/Creo/Configurations/tree.cfg."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is tree.cfg in Windchill at that location?

Is there a local disk tree.cfg in your home folder that is overriding the Windchill one?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Is tree.cfg in Windchill at that location?

Is there a local disk tree.cfg in your home folder that is overriding the Windchill one?

I am not if it was local or on a server, but I changed the Tree.cfg to the local (which was where I think it was located) and now the assembly file works!  Thank you for your help!

Top Tags