cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4 user upgrade training

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Creo 4 user upgrade training

We are getting ready to upgrade to Creo 4 and if anyone has any training or lessons learned to share I would be interested in seeing or hearing it.

Specifically I am looking for changes to the interface that is not covered by PTC or other annoying things that have changed.

We are on Creo 2 now and we are moving to Creo 4. I have started a short list that will get expanded on over the coming weeks:

1. Right click menus have changed to Solidworks style (single left click now has graphical buttons).

2. Selection paradigm has changed

3. Customizing Mapkeys are a bigger headache now

4. Layer menu is "show" now instead of "unhide"

5. Letter "M" for midpoint in sketcher no longer shows up (you get a little square box instead)

Things like the above is what I am looking for if someone already has started a list.

2 REPLIES 2
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:Chris3)

For upgrading to Creo 4 from Creo 3, PTC created a lot very helpful YouTube videos that highlights new or changed functionality. Instead of training, we just emailed our users/managers an organized list of the videos  before and after the upgrade. This seemed to work pretty well as users get to select things are relevant to them and we tried to highlight the critical ones. If you use this strategy, you may want to see if you can find something similar for any Creo 3 highlights. Going forward, I think that PTC  put most of their Creo 5 improvement videos in the PTC Learning Connector but I think the same concept would work since signing in is no longer required to view those videos.

Or check out the full Creo 4 What’s New YouTube Playlist

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:lhoogeveen)

I really appreciate the response. I will take some time and review all the links you posted. I am familiar with PTC Learning Connector ... I am looking for things that PTC changed that aren't always documented in their training though. IE gripes that the users will have that I can try and head off in a training session.

Top Tags