cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 7 Windchill Sever Connection Failure

jsawyer-2
7-Bedrock

Creo 7 Windchill Sever Connection Failure

I am trying to connect a new Creo 7 install to a Windchill server and I am getting an immediate authentication error. It never challenges for a user name or password.

I am using a fresh Creo 7 install and a newly retrieved license file.

I am able to connect from Creo 3 and a web browser.

I have cleared all of the cached passwords and set the browser_option to "chromium_browser".

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:jsawyer-2)

What version of Windchill and what build of Creo 7?  Can you browse other sites from the embedded web browser in Creo?

jsawyer-2
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

We were using Creo 7.0.3 and 7.0.7. 

We found that the only way to correct this was to completely remove all version of Creo from the systems, delete all associated files, and do a clean install of just Creo 7.

This is slightly problematic for us given that we do contract work with companies using a range of versions. 

In the end it will be easier for us to deploy hardware for use with specific Creo versions than it will be to sort out PTC conflicts in their software.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Files saved in Creo 7.0.7.0 will open in Creo 7.0.3.0. No need to use different releases of the same version because your customer does. Files created in all builds/releases of Creo 7 will report version 3800 in the file headers.

We were running two different versions just based on when the install was done. Out client is running 7.0.3 and Windchill 11.1.

This was an issue where a system that had Creo 3 with a Windchill connection was not able to then establish a connection from Creo 7 to a Windchill server.

At the moment I have spare hardware to allocate to people who need both 3 and 7. It was faster to deploy the additional hardware resources than it was to try and troubleshoot PTC issues.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It is possible to configure Creo so each install is in its own folder, each one uses it's own separate version of the browser, and none of them 'step on' each other.  Essentially the same approach as is used for shared, read-only, network drive configurations.  Creo does not have to be 'installed' in the Windows Apps (programs and features) sense to function.  Taking this approach will allow you to have as many different Creo versions and builds as you want, and none of them will impact the others.

Top Tags