cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 7 testing bugs

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Creo 7 testing bugs

We are rolling out Creo 7 in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if anyone else has come across any bugs while testing. Ones I have found so far (7.0.2.0):

1. Assembly axial grouped patterns don't update upon regen if the parent axis moves. If you perform an edit definition the pattern updates correctly.

2. Tables saved as text files no longer have iteration numbers (.1, .2) although system log files and other saved text files do.

3. MP_Source was removed from the mass report when 

mp_calc_level all_models

is set

4. Various model annotations get dropped when exporting to step and then reimporting into Creo. Some of these are a result of Creo supporting flat to screen for annotations but the step format not (although you would think that if you are writing them out you could import them back in with the same software). Others, I think are just bugs. SPRs have been opened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

I just remembered that I added that recipe file for Creo 7 to test out some model based definition work. I have not done extensive testing but it looks like disabling intf_out_pvs_recipe_file resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise

For anyone coming back to this issue #1 is fixed in 7.0.3.0 and that release will be out in a couple of weeks.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

For anyone that stubbles upon this in the future, we have discovered a performance issue with Creo 7. We found it in 7.0.3 but I wouldn't be surprised if it is in the earlier releases.

See attached GIF. Everytime you do a save in a workspace with a large (1000+) objects Creo pauses after the save. I am still troubleshooting with PTC but my guess is that it is doing a sync for the new Creo server status in the background. This pause increases with the number of objects in session and we have seen it take as long as 30 sec after a save.

The resolution so far has been to set the config (default is 3)

dm_network_threads 6

I have a ticket open with PTC and I am working to get them to acknowledge that this is a performance issue that should be fixed.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

For anyone following along we found another error that is documented in CS23811 reproduceable in Creo 7.0.3. If a user performs a custom check in and checks "models and viewables" then the boarder shifts. This didn't happen in Creo 4. It is repeatable. PTC is working on it. If anyone knows how to disable client side publishing with the custom check in I would love to hear about it.

Untitled.png

dnordin
15-Moonstone

With respect to the client side publishing, are you using a custom recipe file for the local client, or is it OOTB? As far as disabling the client side publishing, I suppose you could rename, delete, or move the local recipe file(s) (<LP>\Common Files\text\prodview\export_pvs.rcp I believe) and then test the client side publishing. This will likely affect regular export options as well.

Regards,

Dan N.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dnordin)

We are using the recipe file documented in CS286532:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS286532

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I just remembered that I added that recipe file for Creo 7 to test out some model based definition work. I have not done extensive testing but it looks like disabling intf_out_pvs_recipe_file resolves the issue.

Top Tags