cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 8.0.3. Installation Windows11 Unresponsive after Launch

AJ_8664249
6-Contributor

Creo 8.0.3. Installation Windows11 Unresponsive after Launch

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 8.0 (connected) Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.3.0

Hey PTC,
we are currently updating our student computers to Windows11. On some machines, the creo installation properly opens and the software can be installed. However, we have some machines, on which nothing happens if we try to launch the installation (setup.exe) of Creo Parmetric 8.0.3.0. So after double clicking on setup.exe, the installer does not open.

Kind regards,
Arn

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

Creo 8.0.3.0 is the very first version supported on Windows 11. Therefore, it is not a good idea to switch to Windows 11.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

you can check whether Windows 11 is on 21H2 version.

Martin Hanák

Unfortunately, 8.0.4.0 is not working and 21H2 is installed

@AJ_8664249 wrote:

Unfortunately, 8.0.4.0 is not working and 21H2 is installed

Hi,

please publish the full absolute path to setup.exe you are using to start installer.

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AJ_8664249)

Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0 was just released.  Might be worth trying that version instead.

AJ_8664249
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Unfortunately, 8.0.4.0 is not working and 21H2 is installed.

AJ_8664249
6-Contributor
(To:AJ_8664249)

Is it possible that some graphic driver hampers the correct start of the installer? 

Or is any licence connection at this early installation state necessary?

Hello @AJ_8664249 

Most of the time, this kind of issue is not related to PTC Code, but to something specific to be investigated at system level.

Here are my suggestions:

• Reproduce the issue, and check in Windows Event Viewer if any error is produced, which may help to identify root cause
  • If useless:
    • Turn Off all portections (firewall and antivirus)
    • Try to Right click on Setup.exe + Run as Administrator
  • if useless:
    • Rename (or copy/paste) folder containg the Creo CD to something easy and straight forward using only ascii characters and no spaces (example C:\Download)
    • Set LANG Variable to C value  in environment variables (means: launch installation assistance in English Language)
    • Try to run setup.exe
  • If useless, 
    • Set PIM_DEBUG with value 1 as system environment variable by going to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables
    • Try again to launche setup.exe (which will probably fail as well)
    • Check the pim_installmgr.log under <users>\username\My Documents for possible errors (which may help to identify root cause)
  • If all above is usless, please open a case to PTC Technical Support, as this kind of investigation will probably require a deeper investigation

Regards,

Serge

AJ_8664249
6-Contributor
(To:sacquarone)

Hey,

thank you for the answer. The change of the language has not been succesfull. We contacted our support (we have a sub-ptc support partner in Germany) earlier and they have not been able to help us since they do not have experience with Creo 8 and W11 yet.

However, we set the PIM_DEBUG and here are the last 10 lines of the log. The entire log is attached too.

Thank you for your time to help us.

Kind regards,

qualityagent.xml was translated for the UI language.
Produktdefinitionsdatei C:\TEMP\Creo8\MED-100WIN-CD-450_8-0-4-0_Win64\pim\xml\creothumbnailviewer.xml geladen.
creothumbnailviewer.xmlUtilities8.0.4.0 is set to install by default.
Setting translation of TEXT NODE as: Windows 64-Bit
Setting translation of TEXT NODE as: Diese Komponente installieren, um Bilder Ihrer Modelle im Dialogfenster "Datei öffnen" anzuzeigen.
creothumbnailviewer.xml was translated for the UI language.
creoplatformagent.xml is determined not to be a product definition file.
not referenced in image.xml so trimming - sessioninfo.xml
dotnet4.xml is determined not to be a product definition file.
not referenced in image.xml so trimming - Image.xml

Hello @AJ_8664249

I investigated the logs, and it seems they stop collecting when system is supposed to check licensing information. Please find below a snapshot of a comparison of what I can see i your logs (on the left), versus my logs upon startup of Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0 setup.exe with PIM_DEBUG 1 in environment variables (on the right):

Not clear however why it stops at this point in your environment. Sharing therefore some suggestions here:

1. Disable Antivirus and Firewall and try again, using Run as Administrator
  2. Log Off / Log on with a different Windows User Profile (ideally being a local administrator), and try again
  3. Create a new environment PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE pointing to your server (something usually lookig like 7788@<Server_Name.<Domain_Name>), and try again
  4. If above step was useless, remember to remove the PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE variable after the test
  5. Consider as workaround a silent installation (consisting in lauching setup.exe from a command line in Prompt, according to gudiance we document in article 81760, instead of trying to launch the User Interface of PTC Installation Assistance via the setup.exe file double-clicked in WIndows Explorer)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs81760

If all above suggestions won't help, I strongly recommend you to open a case, as this will probably deserve a deeper investigation, rather than just exchanges in PTC Community.

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags