cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 8.0.9 common user can not start, only Administrator

JK_3640103
1-Newbie

Creo 8.0.9 common user can not start, only Administrator

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.9.0

after new installation, logged as Administrator I started Creo Paramertic normally.
But whem I am log on as common user, Creo did not start. Only when user is member of Administrators group, Creo starts, otherwise not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:JK_3640103)

1. Check Folder Permissions: Ensure that the common user has read and execute permissions for the Creo installation directory. Sometimes, installation directories are restricted to administrator access only.

2. Review User Rights Assignments: In some cases, certain user rights or policies might be required to run specific applications. Check the local security policy (secpol.msc) to ensure that the user has the necessary rights.

3. Examine Creo’s Configuration: Look into Creo’s configuration files to see if there are any settings that restrict execution to administrator accounts. You can refer to the “configoptionscreopma10000.pdf” and “configoptions.pdf” in my knowledge source for detailed configuration options.

4. Verify Environment Variables: Sometimes, environment variables like PATH can differ between users, affecting how applications run. Ensure that the common user’s environment variables are correctly set for Creo.

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

check access rights to:

• parametric.exe file
  • Start in directory
  • trail directory

Martin Hanák
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:JK_3640103)

1. Check Folder Permissions: Ensure that the common user has read and execute permissions for the Creo installation directory. Sometimes, installation directories are restricted to administrator access only.

2. Review User Rights Assignments: In some cases, certain user rights or policies might be required to run specific applications. Check the local security policy (secpol.msc) to ensure that the user has the necessary rights.

3. Examine Creo’s Configuration: Look into Creo’s configuration files to see if there are any settings that restrict execution to administrator accounts. You can refer to the “configoptionscreopma10000.pdf” and “configoptions.pdf” in my knowledge source for detailed configuration options.

4. Verify Environment Variables: Sometimes, environment variables like PATH can differ between users, affecting how applications run. Ensure that the common user’s environment variables are correctly set for Creo.

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
Top Tags