cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 8, can't get CreoView Adaptors toolkit to load

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 8, can't get CreoView Adaptors toolkit to load

I've loaded Creo 8.0.2.0 and CreoView Adaptors 8.0.0.0, I copied the install folder to a central location and have set my protk.dat paths to that location. I've double checked the paths in the protk.dat by using the dir command in a command window to list those files. I've done this many times before with Creo 4 and earlier, no issues. 

With Creo 8 I'm getting this error: Creo Toolkit registry file: C:\Users\haigh1\pro\Creo_8_Home\protk.dat: cannot spawn application `proe2pv`; read error `No such file or directory`

I'm having similar errors with other toolkit applications we have. All have worked fine in Creo 4 and previously.

3 REPLIES 3

Article - "Creo View Adapter: Creo worker fails to start when launching in Worker Agent Administration in Windchill PDMLink": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs203231

The issue appears to be the protk.dat can't deal with %USERNAME% in the path. If I hard code the path it works. 

Is there any way to use a variable in this file? Different syntax?   $USERNAME perhaps?

llie
16-Pearl
(To:davehaigh)

We use these variables.

creotkdat $VIEW_SOURCE\tools\proe\$PROE_REL\toolkit\RCT\RCT_tk.dat

Top Tags