cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 9.0 shuts down suddenly while working on a project.

KA_10055605
1-Newbie

Creo 9.0 shuts down suddenly while working on a project.

hello there, I just downloaded Creo 9 and while working on my project suddenly the application shuts down . I opened Creo again but it is not responding at all, it has been three days now and it is still not opening or responding. Has anyone got a similar issue?

2 REPLIES 2

I am not yet on Creo9, however, have seen similar behavior on most versions at one point or another.  I just saw what sounds to be a similar problem in Creo7 where as soon as I renamed the users .ui file he could use Creo again.

• .UI file.  I very much like the way the UI is done in Creo, however, it is especially prone to crashing, especially when upgrading between creo versions.  
  • e.g. creo_parametric_customization.ui --> creo_parametric_customization_temp.ui this will fix some reasons for crashing.
  • If that prevents further crashing, then Open the Creo Settings and reimport the renamed file (e.g. creo_parametric_customization_temp.ui ) and creo will repair it so that you don't lose any user (or company) UI configurations.
  • In case you are not familiar, this location is stored in .\PTC\Settings\creo_parametric_customization.ui

If that doesn't work some other possibilities to try:

• Deleting your PTC folder (or just your cache) fixes many problems (but you will lose any non-uploaded data assuming you are linked to Windchill)
  • When crashes come while working on a drawing. setting the detail option "Update_Drawing" to "All" fixes MANY drawing problems (and even some ghost objects).
  • Update graphics card drivers/software.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

@KA_10055605 , did anything I post work for you?

If deleting the cache works, we found another case where going into a non-Creo standalone browser and deleting items from the active workspace also has fixed an issue with Creo crashing as soon as logging in.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags