cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Crashes while regenerating model

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Creo Crashes while regenerating model

I have a model in Creo that is crashing creo every time I try to regenerate it. Has anyone see this and do you know how to fix it?

I am using Creo 2.0 M040 with Windchill 10.1

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

James, I would recommend going to the update advisor in support area to compare versions M080(new build) versus your M040 build. I identified 3 cad objects in our Windchill that crashed upon regeneration and entered cases for them. The issues are planned for resolution in M080. In our case, it was round features and import features in the model tree causing the crash. I identified the specific feature in the model tree causing the crash by dragging the insert here up the model tree. The trail file will also give the feature id last regenerated.

JamesBurcham
4-Participant
(To:BillRyan)

I am having the problem in an assembly, I have identified the object causing the problem, I'm just not sure why its causing a problem. I can open the part and do anything I want with it, but when I regenerate the assembly its used in Creo crashes. Whats really concerning me aobu this, is that another user was able to use this model earlier today, so I don't know why I am having a crashing issue.

James, this is something that should be submitted as a support case. Hard crashes from file corruption is a high priority for PTC. If you can provide the version that doesn't crash and the version that does, they can see what is causing the corruption. If all you have is the corrupt version, this will help also.

I've had a file that got corrupted from using images in the model as underlay's. It worked fine and I saved all the iterative versions (the .1, .2, .xx) and I backtracked almost 10 versions until I got to the one that wasn't corrupt. I submitted that version and the 1st corrupt version to CS. CS may contact you to see for themselves what the condition of the crash are on your screen. Be available for them. This really is important.

I was able to remove the part that was causing the crash, check the file in, then read the same part I had previously removed, and now the model works fine.

I do have versions before the issue, on with the issue, and the final resolved issue. I did not submit a case, as I was able to solve the issue on my own.

I am happy you got it resolved. And I know the hassle it can be to submit the case. Since another user didn't have any issues either, it may be a fluke which cannot be diagnosed anyway.

I can submit a case, I just didn't think it was necessary becasue I was able to fix the models. Is this something I should still submit a case for so PTC can attempt to learn from it?

If it is unique to your machine, it won't matter. CS has to be able to duplicate the problem. If you can crash multilple machines with the same file, then yes, it is worth submitting.

Top Tags