cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo Crashing on Dell Precision 7560

SX_10270465
4-Participant

Creo Crashing on Dell Precision 7560

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.0.0

I recent have a new laptop Dell Precision 7560 (graphic hardware NVIDIA T1200 Laptop GPU). experiencing Creo crashing during save or regeneration models about two weeks ago. The crashing be progressing day of day. At the beginning the crashing happened on different model from time to time. Since Oct 17th it started consistent crashing when tried to open the main assembly model. My Old laptop is Dell Precision 7510 (graphic hardware NVIDIA Quadro M1000M). I tested the same models on the old laptop. It's opened and running very well in Creo on my old laptop. So that means not the model with corrupted or other issue cause the crashing, But something else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SX_10270465 wrote:

I tried removed all config.pro and even created new workspace download the model. none works.

Hi,

try to use config.pro containing single line

graphics win32_gdi

If this setting resolves crashing then the problem is related to graphics card drivers. Remove the above option and experiment with drivers. Start with the oldest ones.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SX_10270465)

Try removing all the config.pro , creo_parametric_customization.ui, config.sup to make sure it isn't a specific setting

Try updating the graphics driver to the certified driver  

http://support.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support.htm

or the latest released graphics driver. 

Suggestion ...

If you find the right graphics driver then disable automatic driver update !!!

See https://superuser.com/questions/1507210/how-to-stop-windows-from-updating-my-intelr-hd-graphics-630-driver page for inspiration.

Martin Hanák
SX_10270465
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I tried removed all config.pro and even created new workspace download the model. none works.

@SX_10270465 wrote:

Hi,

try to use config.pro containing single line

graphics win32_gdi

If this setting resolves crashing then the problem is related to graphics card drivers. Remove the above option and experiment with drivers. Start with the oldest ones.

Martin Hanák

Thanks a lot!

The crashing resolved with the line " graphics win32_gdi".

From the PTC Creo 5.0 hardware support-Dell. It seems requires driver version 462.59 for T1200. But it's 30.0.15.1363 in my laptop. I will have my company IT get version 462.59 to try first. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SX_10270465)

That option is good for testing for graphics issues. It will negatively affect overall performance (no graphics acceleration)

Remove the option when you install different graphics drivers

@SX_10270465 wrote:

Thanks a lot!

The crashing resolved with the line " graphics win32_gdi".

From the PTC Creo 5.0 hardware support-Dell. It seems requires driver version 462.59 for T1200. But it's 30.0.15.1363 in my laptop. I will have my company IT get version 462.59 to try first. 

Hi,

please do not forget to ask IT to disable automatic driver update !!! If they didn't do this, Windows would install the latest version of the drivers (at the earliest opportunity).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags