cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Design Essentials (no PLM included)

BW_373603
2-Guest

Creo Design Essentials (no PLM included)

I received an email with the two license files attached but I am not sure why.  Is it an update?  I can't find PTCUPDATE.BAT on the server to install it.  I don't even know if it is necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BW_373603)

There should be a License or Licensing folder under your FlexLM install home folder. There are a couple of lines below the listing of the license contents that need edtted. Compare them to your original files. Once the new file has been edited and put in the proper folder, restart the FlexLM process or reboot the server, If the file is named the same as the original file (I rename mine to append the date to them if I ever need to roll back) the retart will pick up your new file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

My guess is those new licenses are updated to allow you access to Creo 11.

You need to modify the header of the file and then load it into the FlexLM Server by just rebooting the FlexLM server.

BTW, you should NOT share your customer information in any forum.

The header information in this license file is the same as the old ones.  But shouldn't I "put" the new license file somewhere?  Not just on the desktop of the server?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

There should be a License or Licensing folder under your FlexLM install home folder. There are a couple of lines below the listing of the license contents that need edtted. Compare them to your original files. Once the new file has been edited and put in the proper folder, restart the FlexLM process or reboot the server, If the file is named the same as the original file (I rename mine to append the date to them if I ever need to roll back) the retart will pick up your new file.

Thank you so very much for the help.

Top Tags