cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'nt work

rgienger
6-Contributor

Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'nt work

We tested it from different locations but the license server does'nt work.

I am sure that we do not have a problem with the proxy server.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Question to the PTC folks: Is it possible to fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It seems that the problem is resolved. Today activation works

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

Hi,

communication with the server can blocked by firewall. Turn it off temporarily and test access to server.

MH

Martin Hanák
rgienger
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

There is definitely no problem with the firewall.

The settings in the relevant environments didn't change since the last time the software worked.

Hello Rolf,

i had this morning the same issue. That's already happened earlier before.

Take a time limeted licence and continue to work.

I will try to explain out of memry

Start Express

You wil get an message with Proxy-Name and Proxy-port.

Fill in anything and push on send.

New window where you can fill in your Email + Password for your PTC-account.

Do it

Then you wil get a loooooong password. Ctrl +A then Ctrl + C.

Start Express again.

Normaly you will get a new popup where you can paste the password with Ctrl + V

Hope my memory is good enough to reconstruct the steps from this mornig.

Otherwise, try and error. Try around. until it works.

You will get a 72 hour license.

I wish you success

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi FriedhelmK,

I have the free version PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Exp. 6.0.

Since some days the message for Proxy comes. At first I order a registration key and fill it in.

Next start of Creo the message came again. When I click "send" without fill in anything, the progam will start, without a new window you describe. But it gives me not more hour license.

The next start of Creo is the same procedure.

Complete correct explanation FriedhelmK. I also tried it this way.

Problem is that i always get the error msg, that the generated key is invalid after ctrl+a/ctrl+c and ctrl+v ...

I already checked it by copying it to an editor first to look for any wrong backspaces in it or so ... but it looks okay - though there are some really interesting combinations for a password^^

Does anybody else have this problem?

regs, Frank

It is most definitely NOT a firewall issue here either. I;ve been using Creo 6.0/3.0 for a few years now, changed over to win10 from 7 months ago, all no issues. About a week or so ago I tried to open Creo and got the same proxy message. I do not, nor have I ever used a proxy server and have made no changes to the system. retested again with the firewall off and same thing pops up, telling me it has no internet connection, yet I can go through the annoying steps of manually grabbing a temporary license online, BUT it will do the same thing to me next time I open Creo regardless of how long I've been using it.

Also I can see from site history that this isn't the first time this has happened...

So... Is this being worked on by PTC?

There is more than enough evidence that this is not an issue on the user end.

Unbenannt.PNG

I had to download Creo 4 again so i can work with school enviroment, but this shows up when i want to start Creo 4.

Hi,

1.]

I think that warning from your picture is related to Creo Parametric 4.0.

2.]

Go to Creo4_LOADPOINT\Creo 4.0\M030\Parametric\bin directory.

Open parametric.psf file in Notepad.

Locate line ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@computername

3.]

License server name is computername.

FLEXnet license manager running on license server administers license PROE_Educ1.

You have to check whether FLEXnet license manager is running on License server.

Simply run ptcstatus.bat located in FLEXnet_LOADPOINT\bin directory

Martin Hanák

It didn´t woked, but i managed to find a other solution.

Creo 4.0\M030\Parametric\bin 

you should find a file called "reconfigure" just double click it.

1.PNG2.PNG

now you just have to put in your license

Yes I have not use my CAD system for a week or so, but then I tried this morning I got the same issue, could not connect to server.  I re-downloaded a new software, tried it on different machines, and at different locations.  Always the same problem, text box pops up wanting the proxy server.  I am running Win 10.  Is that any issues?  Are any of you guys running win 7 or 8?

Let me know I would really like to fix this issue.

Win7 (64) The same issue: no connection to internet - need proxy

But the prog works for weeks without this issue. Some days ago it need a proxy and than works offline. My internet works perfect (Firefox).

I am getting the same error message. I am on Windows 10. Does it work with the new OS?

Hi,

if you already have a manually created password and the program starts you will get this message.

Message.jpg

Pressing on the button indicated.

The text is freely translated

Work Offline: remaining time in hours.

Attention, hold the remaining time in eye.

I do not know what will happen when the time runs out.

Perhaps the current model could not be saved.

Always nice to make a backup.

About Win 10 I can not say anything because I do not even use it.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi Friedhelm,

thanks, I tried this, but it´s realy very unhappy. I´m working without internet some days each month.

I hope PTC will fix "proxy and offline" in the next version or release. 

Hi,

>but it´s realy very unhappy. I´m working without internet some days each month.

Realy no Internet or only switched off?

If you need new working time you go shortly online, you catch new 72 hours and then work offline again.

But you need absolutely an internet connection to get the new 72 hours/ 3 days password.

Hi,

no internet connection in my workshop and sometimes beeing in foreign countries without WLAN.

How I can take some offline time before 72 hours are completely gone?

Hi Heinrich,

now you're going very to the extreme .

Where you are today in a completely wifi free zone .

Nord Pool, West Serengheti desert, middle of the ocean or auf der Alm?

Each mediocre hotel, telephone shop has now hotspots that you can use.

Today I was a drug store store who is offering to its customers free Internet access

I think that there should be no problem to renovated the license somewhere.

Unfortunately, the license period runs in real time and not only when it is used

So as I have already written:

You need absolutely a internet connection to get the new 72 hours / 3 days password.

Hopefully the mishap remains on long enough.

Then i wil have a look to see the web addresses.

Maybe you can pick up the password with the smartphone.

This would be less sensational than to turn on the PC in a bakery

Hi Friedhelm,

auf der Alm

hehe, that´s correct!

I´m developing a special kind of skitouring-binding for snowblades. So I am sometimes on a cabine in the mountains with my laptop, but without any connection to internet or emails (thank god!). I like testing my own works.

Can I take the whole workingtime before the  72 hours completely over? Its not working time it is real time.Alleine Abfahrt.jpg

Komisch, dass man so schwer auf die einfachsten Lösungen kommt. Ich lass einfach mal das Bild sprechen.

Funny that it is so difficult to get the simplest solutions. I simply let the image speak.

Back in Time.jpg

Enjoy it und täglich grüsst das Murmeltier / Groundhog Day

Thanks, but it is only nice.

17122015.JPGergebnis.JPG

When you turn back to right date and time on your PC, all the happy hours are gone again.

It would be realy userfriendly, PTC delete this nerving item. For which should it be good?

Hi Heinrich,

why you need the right date and time on your PC if you are in your lonely hut on the mountain

The worst case is that the timestamps of your pk2 or bd2 are not correct.

There are programs that can manage this for you. Look for "Attribute Changer"

You get a fantastic program from PTC for free.

Your contribution is that they can reconstruct your user behavior.

That's the same thing in other free programs. For example, DraftSight.

In other words, nothing is really for free.

Normally, you notice nothing at all about it.

It just come always to panic attacks if the server at PTC fails.

What just comes into my mind.

If you are in your isolated cabin and without an internet connection.

Then exactly the same happens as now.

The program can not connect to his control server.

After 72 hours (or less) of real time, the message comes with the Proxy pop up.

Game over. Aus die Maus.

Then you can close your laptop with the current time and date.

shale
1-Newbie
(To:rgienger)

Hello,

I am having the same issue and see no reason for it at my end, I therefore feel the problem is with PTC's server being offline may be?

At the moment I am using a manual key that I requested which will last 72hrs, I guess and hope that when this key expires I will be able to request another and continue working.

It has been a few days now that connection has failed, I hope PTC will sort the issue shortly. I wish that PTC would extend this functional window why such a short time just 72hrs......

Hi all - thanks for the comments here, we're working internally here at PTC to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, stay tuned.

Hi Ryan,

this - your - statement is worth to wish you:

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year (with no "proxy" and "hours" for Pers.Express)

May your health beeing protected 2016!!

PTC is realy great!

Ryan.

Glad that this has been noticed.

Thanks-in-advance for the fix.

Could your server status be monitored from outside your company network ?

BTW

72hrs is pretty tight near a long weekend or holiday.

Blackhats love the Christmas break.

Would 7 days be more practical/resilient for offline users ?

And you would get more time to find and fix the problem.

Paddy

It seems to take a little longer.

The website with the advertising for express I have seen now often enough.

If you no longer want this, open with an editor: the file

"\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Modeling Express 6.0\personality\pesd_startup"

Change in this line and put a semicolon at the beginning.

v there.

; (oli :: sd-display-url "http://www.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-direct/modeling-express/start.htm"):

a semicolon tells the executing program to ignore from that position the rest of the line.

In the meantime, something to entertain 

We could make some bets to sweeten the wait a little.

Restart of the server: I bet on Monday 04 January .2016 +/- 10 clock (local time where the server is located in USA).

Ryan Kelley is the referee

The winner gets an extra 72 hours for free. Or perhaps a Modeling basic full version without server control?

Hallo Friedhelm,

great! It works.

Thanks for the first step to end the little bit nerving start of a faszinating programm.

Uff, you mean that the advertising website of Express no longer starts.

I had feared the server would be back.

What´s about your bet, what is your estimate?

not before 01.15.2016

Top Tags